Marketing Automation is combination of two words ‘Marketing’ and ‘Automation’ . Every word has their unique value importance in B2B and B2C market.
Marketing – It is offline or online activities undertaken by the respective organization to promote their product or services.
Automation – It is trending technology that helps to automate manual process and reduce costs.
Before going to know about What is Marketing Automation? let’s know some historical stats of marketing automation.
- 51% of companies are currently using marketing automation, with more than half of B2B companies (58%) planning to adopt the technology.
- 17.27% Higher CTR with custom automation workflows.
- Businesses that implement marketing automation experience an average of a 451% increase in qualified leads.
- 61% of surveyed marketers reported that increasing lead generation is the most important strategic goal of marketing automation.
- The use of lead nurturing through marketing automation saw 15-20% of potential buyers that were not ready to purchase converted to sales.
It’s no wonder, then, that marketing automation adoption continues to grow, expected to top $25 billion by 2023.
What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation refers to software platforms and technologies designed for marketing departments and organizations to more effectively market on multiple channels online (such as email, social media, websites, etc.) and automate repetitive tasks.
According to marketo,
Marketing automation helps marketers streamline their lead generation, segmentation, lead nurturing and lead scoring, customer lifecycle marketing, cross-sell and up-sell, customer retention, and marketing ROI measurement.
Some of these practices are possible at small volumes without software, but technology becomes essential with any scale and with the increasing number of channels marketers are required to manage. In particular, these processes all require:
A central marketing database. A place for all your marketing data, including detailed prospect and customer interactions and behaviors, so you can segment and target the right message to each customer. Think of this as “system of record” for all your marketing information.
An engagement marketing engine. An environment for the creation, management and automation of marketing processes and conversations across online and offline channels. Think of this as the “orchestra conductor” for your customer interactions.
An analytics engine. A way to test, measure, and optimize marketing ROI and impact on revenue. Think of this as the place you go to understand what worked, what didn’t, and where you can improve.
Marketing automation is the use of software to automate marketing processes such as customer segmentation, customer data integration, and campaign management. The use of marketing automation makes processes that would have otherwise been performed manually much more efficient, and makes new processes possible. Marketing automation is an integral component of customer relationship management.
Marketing automation software manages the online element of a marketing campaign, including data analytics that can create more precise personalization of content to individual customers to drive engagement and revenue.
Marketing Automation Features:
- Platform Integration – Marketing automation tools easily integrate with CRM and other audience management system.
- Lead Management – Lead management is tough task for any organization, specially nurturing and retaining existing leads. Marketing automation helps not only nurture and retain existing leads but also generates new leads through marketing channels.
- AB Testing – Run AB tests on your landing pages and learn which ones give you the most conversions. Improve customers experience.
- Email Automation – Email automation is the ability to send time or action triggered emails to subscribers with relevant information. Automation is useful for a variety of different marketing purposes.
- Social Media Automation – Automates the process of scheduling content across various social media accounts. You can also learn more about your followers, so you can determine the right content to post.
- Analytics & Reporting – There are many built-in advanced Analytics tool that helps you visualise your marketing automation success.
Best Marketing Automation Software & Tools:
Design the entire customer experience with simple yet powerful workflows. Marketing automation software automates marketing actions or tasks, streamlines marketing workflows, and measures the outcomes of marketing campaigns. These tools provide a central marketing database for all marketing information and interactions, helping marketers create segmented, personalized and timely marketing experiences for customers or prospects.
There are some top marketing automation tools that helps you bring new customers for your organization.
Hubspot: HubSpot’s award-winning software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. Comprised of Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, and a powerful free CRM, HubSpot gives companies the tools they need to Grow Better.
- B2B and B2C customers, mostly mid-market but also startups and small business.
- Founded in 2006.
- 2,500-plus employees.
- 52,000-plus customers in 100-plus countries.
- Publicly traded (NYSE: HUBS).
- European headquarters in Dublin; Asia-Pacific headquarters in Singapore; Latin America headquarters in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Additional offices in Berlin, Germany; Sydney, Australia; Tokyo, Japan; and Portsmouth, NH.
Salesforce Pardot: Pardot empowers marketing and sales teams to work together to find and nurture leads, close more deals, and maximize return on investment. Pardot’s lead management features CRM integration, email marketing, lead nurturing, lead scoring, and ROI reporting.
- SMBs to enterprise-level organizations across all verticals and geographies.
- Salesforce acquired Pardot in July 2013 as part of its $2.5 billion acquisition of ExactTarget.
- Salesforce offers numerous cloud-based product suites, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and Einstein Analytics.
- Salesforce has more than 30,000 employees and 150,000 customers globally. It does not disclose employee or customer count by product line.
- Salesforce has offices in more than 30 countries.
Marketo: Leading Engagement Platform that empowers marketers to build brand value, grow revenue, and prove impact. Consistently recognized as the industry’s innovation pioneer, Marketo is the trusted platform for thousands of CMOs thanks to its scalability, reliability, and openness.
- SMB to enterprise-level B2B and B2C marketers in a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, financial services, education, manufacturing and media.
- Founded in 2006.
- 1,500 employees.
- Over 5,000 customers in 56 countries.
- Marketo was acquired by Adobe, October 2018.
- Previously acquired attribution analytics provider, Bizible, in April 2018 and sales engagement provider, ToutApp, in April 2017.
- Additional offices in Atlanta, Denver, Portland, Dublin, Tel Aviv, Tokyo and Sydney.
Autopilot: Autopilot is marketing automation software made visual. We help you capture and convert new leads, connect with customers, and create loyal repeat buyers.
- SMBs and mid-market B2B and B2C marketers in the high-tech, SaaS, retail/e- commerce, business services and financial services markets.
- Founded in 2012.
- Raised $12M in June 2017, led by Blackbird Ventures. Total funding of $34M in five rounds.
- Over 2,300 global customers in 2017.
- Engineering office in Sydney, Australia.
- 60 employees.
Zoho Marketing Automation: To achieve this, your emails must be behavior-targeted and data-driven. Email marketing automation is a big help in achieving that. Visualize how your audience might engage with your emails and pass the baton to automation by creating content and defining triggers.
- Founder(s): Sridhar Vembu; Tony Thomas
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- CEO: Sridhar Vembu
- Owner: Zoho Corporation
These are some top marketing automation platform which helps business to acquire, nurture and retain customers. We are top online marketing company offers marketing automation, SEO and other digital marketing solutions.